Journal of the Alliance for Hispanic Institution Educators (AHSIE)
The AHSIE journal is scholarly publication devoted to sharing the work of the nation’s Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) as they seek to provide quality, relevant educational opportunities to students from underserved populations, particularly Hispanic students. The AHSIE journal seeks to disseminate the work of HSI practitioners as well as researchers engaged in developing “best practices” for improving educational outcomes for all students.
+ Submit to the Journal
Submissions to Journal of the Alliance for Hispanic Institution Educators (AHSIE) are made using Aries Editorial Manager, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at www.editorialmanager.com/ahsie.
+ Registering on Aries Editorial Manager?
If you have not yet registered on Aries Editorial Manager, please follow the instructions below:
- Please log on to: https://www.editorialmanager.com/ahsie
- Click on Create Account
- Follow the on-screen instructions, filling in the requested details before proceeding
- Your username will be your email address and you have to input a password of at least 8
- characters in length and containing two or more numbers Click Finish and your account has been created.
+ Submitting an article to Journal of the Alliance of Hispanic Institution Educators (AHSIE) on Aries Editorial Manager
- Please log on to Journal of the Alliance for Hispanic Institution Educators (AHSIE) at https://www.editorialmanager.com/ahsie with your username and password. This will take you through to the Welcome page (To consult the Author Guidelines for this journal, click on the Home Page link in the Resources column)
- Click on the Author Centre button
- Click on the submit a manuscript link which will take you through to the Manuscript Submission page
- Complete all fields and browse to upload your article
- When all required sections are completed, preview your .pdf proof
- Submit your manuscript
+ Review Process
Each paper is reviewed by the editors and, if it is judged suitable for this publication, it is then sent to at least two independent referees for double blind peer review.
Articles submitted to the journal should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication with another journal. Authors submitting articles for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the publisher against any breach of such warranty. For ease of dissemination and to ensure proper policing of use, papers and contributions become the legal copyright of the publisher unless otherwise agreed.
The editors may make use of iThenticate software for checking the originality of submissions received.
+ Third Party Copyright Permissions
Prior to article submission, authors should clear permission to use any content that has not been created by them. Failure to do so may lead to lengthy delays in publication. The AHSIE Journal is unable to publish any article which has permissions pending. The rights that the AHSIE Journal requires are:
Non-exclusive rights to reproduce the material in the article or book chapter. Print and electronic rights. Worldwide English language rights. When reproducing tables, figures or excerpts (of more than 250 words) from another source, it is expected that:
Authors obtain the necessary written permission in advance from any third-party owners of copyright for the use in print and electronic formats of any of their text, illustrations, graphics, or other material, in their manuscript. Permission must also be cleared for any minor adaptations of any work not created by them. If an author adapts significantly any material, the author must inform the copyright holder of the original work. Authors obtain any proof of consent statements Authors must always acknowledge the source in figure captions and refer to the source in the reference list. Authors should not assume that any content which is freely available on the web is free to use. Authors should check the website for details of the copyright holder to seek permission for re-use.